SCHOOL DETECTION AND DETERRENCE PROGRAMS
Our comprehensive detection and deterrence program reduces the presence of drugs, alcoholic beverages, abused medications and weapons on campus and school grounds. We accomplish this through the use of highly trained detection canines.
Our program is successful because we:
- Have developed company procedures in keeping with legal precedents
- Assist in developing school search policy
- Provide a tool for substance abuse prevention
- Send a message to students, parents and the community that a school has initiated a proactive position regarding the presence of prohibited items
- Eliminate the need to “lock down” a campus, thereby minimizing the interruption of the educational process
HOW OUR PROGRAM WORKS
We provide random, unannounced visits. We work closely with each client to determine the appropriate number of visits to provide the greatest benefit. No school is too small nor too large for us to accomodate.
At each site, a designated coordinator will escort the canine teams and observe the inspection activities. We normally inspect lockers, gym areas, common areas, vehicles, vacated classrooms, and perimeters of school property.
For schools that are unfamiliar with the use of dogs, we:
- Assist in the development of policy
- Provide legal briefs on the use of dogs in schools
- Develop a communications program for students, faculty, administrators, parents, and the community
For schools that are familiar with the use of dogs, we:
- Assess the existing program
- Offer suggestions
- Develop an effective transition program
As a private agency, we provide service to your locations without the same challenges faced by law enforcement agencies.
EXPLOSIVES RESPONSE PROGRAMS
Our explosive detection canines can help schools respond to bomb threats. Our program includes precautionary inspections, immediate response and technical support. We work in conjunction with your existing emergency plans to:
- Help you respond to bomb threats
- Maintain a safe learning environment
- Minimize disruption to your educational process
- Provide sweeps of venues prior to special events
If you are interested in implementing a detection program on your campus, we will:
- Meet with you to discuss your needs
- Provide canine demonstrations
- Attend any required school board or other meetings to answer questions
- Provide assistance in defining or amending school policy to incorporate the use of detection canines
- Provide informational programs for parents, the community, students and school employees